What do I buy?
Buy newspapers! You can use a coupon clipping service such as http://www.thecouponclippers.com/ or use any of the clippers off of eBay (eBay is probably my favorite source since a lot of the time it is cheaper than the other services). I started off buying 4 newspapers, and I clipped and saved EVERY. SINGLE. COUPON.
Why am I saving all these coupons?!
The coupons you have today might not be at full value today! If you look on your coupon most have an expiration date. That means you do NOT have to run out to Wal-Mart and use that .25 Dawn detergent coupon TODAY! Hold on to that coupon until the item goes on sale! For example... in the April Proctor and Gamble insert came a .25 Dawn detergent coupon. Most people would scoff at a .25 coupon and say something to the effect of, ".25?! That's an insult! What do they want me to do with .25?" The coupon had an expiration date of 4/30/2011. I saved the measly .25 coupon, and it paid off! This week and next week at Fred's Dollar Store Dawn detergent was on sale for .75! Well guess what! On every Saturday Fred's just happens to double coupons up to .70 so I was able to take my measly little .25 Dawn coupon and double it for .50 turning that .75 sale into a .25 bottle of dishwashing liquid! Today I bought 10 bottles of Dawn for .25 a bottle thanks to that measly little coupon that I held on to for an entire month!
How do you organize your coupons?
I use a binder. I love my binder. My husband calls it the Holy Grail of Couponing. He's so silly, but he likes my savings just as much as any husband loves it when their wife spends less at the store than usual. I use baseball card inserts that you can get from Hobby Lobby using the nice 40% off coupon they sweetly provide every few weeks. I use a 4" D-185 Case-It Binder that I bought off of amazon.com. It's a little pricey, but I wanted something with a zipper, handle, and lots of room. I use pencil holders for each store so that I can put the coupons I intend on using BEFORE I hit the store and add more to it while I'm in the store, and I use dividers so I can divide my coupons into sections. Mine are divided into sections like HBA, soap and deodorant, refrigerated, condiments, frozen, drinks, cleaning supplies, air fresheners, dental.... You will decide for yourself what categories work best for you.
What are your favorite links?
This is my favorite place! I love to refer to my favorite websites!
- weusecoupons.com - This is a wonderful forum! Nathan Engles is the owner of this forum, and he is known as Mr. Coupon. This is where I share ideas with other couponers, watch for all the deals that others are getting, share the deals that I am getting, see and share how others are organizing their stockpiles, and just be in the company of others who enjoy saving!
- http://thekrazycouponlady.com/ - I absolutely LOVE this blog! This is a great place to watch the match ups!
- http://www.southernsavers.com/ - Another great place to watch all the sales, blogs, Sunday coupon previews, and what's going on.
- http://www.iheartwags.com/, http://www.iheartcvs.com/ - I love these two because I can plan my shopping even before their ads are released in the Sunday paper! I can do my match ups early!
- http://www.sundaycouponpreview.com/ - I get to see what coupons are coming out in the papers on Sunday so I know what I need to clip early so I can get to the drugstore before the crowd!
Those are my favorite places! If you have any questions PLEASE feel free to ask me in the comments section, and make sure to become a follower of my blog so you get to see all the deals this Cajun couponer has for you!
~The Cajun Couponer